Thursday, October 18, 2007

Interview Reflection

I had my interview on Wednesday, October 10th, and although I was not that prepared I felt that it went very well. When I walked in, I had no idea how the interview was going to go, but I was not nervous. I feel that I am a pretty confident person, and was ready for anything Angie could ask me.

I have previously had many interviews for different jobs, and other activities. I felt that I knew the types of questions that would be asked, and this made me feel ready for the interview. From other interviews, I knew that it would be important to be personable but not to overdue it. Talking too much can be a bad thing.

One thing that I learned I need to work on, is making my answers specific and complete. Sometimes I feel that I kind of ramble on just so that I have something to say. Also, I need to work on making my answers show that I have the best skills and experience for the job. Sometimes I felt that I should have answered the questions differently, so that it would have showed off my skills more than completed the question.

All in all, I felt that the mock interview was very helpful in preparing me for the actual interviews that will come in the near future.

No comments: