Sunday, September 30, 2007

Resume Advice

The article http://www.careerjournal.com/jobhunting/resumes/20060605-flesher.html caught my eye. I thought this article was interesting and very helpful. The first thing I learned was that in order for my resume to be found online it has to have specific keywords. I also learned that it can be very effective to use keywords that are in the job description. This will allow my resume to easily be found by a company, but it also demonstrates that I have skills that specifically relate to that job. Another important detail I learned from this article was that there are golden keywords that should be incorporated into my resume, but not to use too many keywords. Resues should be simple, but include all the necessary information.

I also thought that the article http://www.careerjournal.com/jobhunting/resumes/20060404-devlin.html was very interesting. The main point that I got from this article, was that simplicity is the best way to go with resumes. As time goes on, my resume is going to need to be updated. When this occurs, I learned that not only do I have to add new information, but I also have to delete the outdated information. The effectiveness of my resume is all determined by the content included and how the information is formatted.

No comments: