Sunday, December 9, 2007

Advice for Future Students

Business Writing 304 is an awesome class. Going into it I was a little afraid because I am not very good at writing. I am a food science major, so most of the classes I take do not require me to write anything besides lab reports. Business writing sounded like it was going to be writing intensive and very difficult.

Business Writing 304 with Angie turned out to be so much better than I thought it was going to be. There were a lot of assignments to complete, but it was easy to succeed. My advice for this class is to always be organized. If you get behind in the work, then it will be hard to catch up. This is very important when it comes to the group project.

For our group project, we were to design web pages for the Anderson Habitat for Humanity ReStore. This project took a lot of time and work. It is important for this type of group project to have good communication and organization skills. You need to be able to communicate well with each other so that you can set up meetings for out of class and have everybody show up. You need to be organized to make sure that all of the assigned work gets completed. Also, make sure you pick a group that you know you can count on to finish all of the work and on time.


Overall this class taught me a lot of new and important information. During the course of the semester we were assigned to make resumes and cover letters. These were very useful assignments because I will definitely be using my resume very soon. Also, we had mock interviews which helped to boost my confidence and better prepare me for future interviews. I feel I learned a lot of information from this class that will help me in the future and definitely recommend this class to everyone.

No comments: